September 7, 2009

So, what’s this blog about?

I’m no Martha. Nor an Oprah, a Teresa, a Diana, nor an Eleanor. I’m not flying across the Atlantic, leading explorers across the West, or pulling off a tuxedo in a smoky jazz club in Berlin. I’m certainly not an astronaut. Pick any female icon (heck, pick a male one) and I’m not that. I’m an Anne. Most singularly and certainly an Anne.

I’m not a bad Anne. I’m a perfectly fine Anne. In fact, at certain points in time, I’m a pretty good Anne. But I’m not the best Anne. Certainly not the best Anne I could be. I know that I could be a spectacular Anne if I just tapped into my inner Anne-ness a bit more. That’s what this blog is about. It’s about me becoming a better me.

In my angst and my little poor-me parties I always wish to be more. To be something special and outstanding. And, on the good days, I get over myself and go do something about it. I work out or search for the dream job or call that friend from college I’ve owed a phone call to for forever. On a lot of days I sigh and eat low-fat ice cream snacks. On the worst of days I keep feeling sorry for myself.

This blog is dedicated to the good days. This is about the days where I try something new, or try to do something better, or try to be happier about how I’m doing things already. This blog is about being Anne. Anne is constantly (if slowly) trying to be better.

5 comments:

  1. Anne, this is GREAT! And I love the way you define yourself here. Been there and done that! :-) On my bad days I'm trying out tips from The Happiness Project. Some surprising things that work from that are making the bed and putting on shoes. Yep, sounds silly. But I do it and do feel better. So if that kind of thing would help on the "ice cream" days then here's the link.

    http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/

    Thinking I know that college friend. :-)

    Cheers!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly excited for you, for this journey...may doors open and the thin space within emerge and lead the way to the grandness of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee and JSD, thanks so much for the continued support—it’s nice to see familiar friends. Lee, I’ve seen the Happiness Project and have liked some of her suggestions as well. At some point, I’ll have to add some links to this page including that one. :-d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will the boys make the flight over from the old 'hood? I like the new digs, and the new intent. (Not that the new intent wasn't over in the old digs, too...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Murat, the change of scenery may just be to blatantly state an intent. (I like being obtuse on the turtle side of things.) I’d say there’ll be no ravens, but then they’ll show up just to prove me wrong. :-d

    ReplyDelete